Well…it’s almost that time of year again. You know the one, you’ve been hibernating all through winter, snuggling up on the couch under a blanket, cosying up and getting comfy in your cocoon (that’s code for home). And then it’s spring! Lovely, warm, welcoming, sunny spring walks through the door.
What’s the first thing you want to do? Spring clean of course! Waking from our annual winter slumber, we stretch and yawn and welcome in the new season. Generally this brings with it the urge to wash the blankets, air the rugs, maybe wander out in the fresh air…not that we ever really stop wandering out in the fresh and fabulous Byron Bay air but you get the gist.
The next thing you will be wanting to do is ‘spring-ify’ the house – looking for new ideas, adding a new colour splash or two and planting out the garden. You can go as big or small as you want but there are a few small but lovely ways to prep your home for spring.
- Fresh flowers – vases of fresh flowers or pots of flowering bulbs say ‘spring’ beautifully, even better if they smell divine.
- New bed linen – update your bedding colour palette and/or design.
- Paint a wall (or room) – paint a feature wall in a lovely fresh colour.
- Change your throw cushions.
- Change or rearrange your wall art.
- Bring out the candles, all different shapes and sizes.
- Sort through your wardrobe – if an item doesn’t bring you joy move it on.
- Heavenly scents – burn oils, incense or scented candles, smell is such a powerful way to lift the energy and refresh the space.