Ed Silk Real Estate recognises the importance of privacy in relation to personal information given to us. The kind of personal information we collect and hold
Ed Silk Real Estate will only collect personal information that is required for one or more of its functions or activities. We define ‘personal information’ as information that can identify you, such as your name, or information from which your identity can be satisfactorily established, such as your home address.
How we collect and hold the personal information
Ed Silk Real Estate will collect information, where possible, directly from the individual, and only in lawful, fair and reasonably unintrusive ways. The main way we may collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, for example when you:
- Contact us to ask for information;
- Completion of forms;
- Website enquiries;
- Persons registering their details through the website;
- Otherwise specifically provide us with your personal information.
Personal information collected is stored in two ways; hard copy paper on which the information was recorded, and in a computerised database. This allows Ed Silk Real Estate to work more efficiently with clients and potential clients.
Ed Silk Real Estate will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. If the information is no longer needed it will be destroyed.
Use and disclosure
In providing Real Estate services to you we may need to obtain personal information. We collect, hold, and use personal information to carry out business functions or activities for a number of reasons:
- Security – as added security for our sellers, we require a name and contact details for people who inspect our properties. We reserve the right to ask for verification of identity (i.e. a Driver’s Licence);
- Feedback – we will generally contact people who visit one or our Open Houses and ask their opinion of the home. This helps us to provide a better service, and market our properties more effectively;
- Marketing – we may contact potential purchasers with respect to the property they viewed or other properties that we believe may be of interest. We may contact potential sellers with information about our company and the services we offer. This may be done by telephone, email, text messaging or through the post.
We may use the information for direct marketing purposes and to seek potential clients through promotional activities. This may be in the form of letters, brochures, or informational booklets such as our Real Estate Reports. In providing your information you agree to this use, and you may ask to be removed at any time.
We may also use your personal information to send you periodic mailings containing information on new services and upcoming events that may interest you. If at any stage you decide that you do not wish to receive such material, please let us know by following the Opt-Out procedure below and we will ensure that your name is removed from our contact list.
Ed Silk Real Estate undertakes never to disclose (give, sell, or rent) personal information to any other organization for their marketing purposes.
Access and Correction of information
In accordance with the Privacy Act (1988) and Amendments, you have the right to request a copy of all information we hold about you. If any personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please ask us to amend the information accordingly. You may also request information on what companies your information has been provided to and for what purpose.
If you wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6680 8668. Ed Silk Real Estate will verify the information, and take steps to correct any deviation from the Code.
As a general rule, Ed Silk Real Estate does not seek to collect sensitive information, but advises that such information may be collected accidentally in our relationship with you.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
Ed Silk Real Estate will not disclose personal information to a recipient in a foreign country who is not subject to comparable privacy obligations unless Ed Silk Real Estate has the consent of the relevant party.